The World’s Largest Low-Cost Carrier Terminal – KLIA2
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) is situated in Sepang
- Is the world’s largest airport for budget airlines.
- It is located approximately two kilometers away from KLIA’s Main Terminal Building (MTB).
- has its own runway and air traffic control tower.
- Replacing the former KLIA Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT).
- KLIA2 is home-grown airlines Air Asia and Malindo Air, the Philippines’ Cebu Pacific Air, Singapore’s Tiger Airways, and Indonesia’s Lion Air.
- KLIA2 consists of two main buildings that are connected with a 300-metre Skybridge, namely the Main Terminal Building (MTB) and the Satellite Building.
- All domestic and a number of international arrivals are from MTB while Satellite caters solely for international arrivals and departures.
Car Park and Public Transport Services
- KLIA2 is adjoined with an integrated complex, Gateway @ KLIA2, which hosts an eight-Storey car park.
- Shuttle buses are available to take the public to the KLIA2 main terminal.
- The parking rate for the covered parking facility at KLIA2 is RM4 per hour for the first three hours, and up to a maximum daily rate of RM46.
- The car park is fully gated with 24-hour security personnel on duty.
- The Transportation Hub is located on Level 1 of the Gateway @ KLIA2, with taxi and express bus services available as well as the Express Rail Link (KLIA Ekspres and KLIA Transit).
- The Express Rail Link (ERL) allows passengers to head to KL Sentral Station in the city in just over 30 minutes for Rm55
- KLIA Transit train services make four intermediate stops along key townships namely Bandar Tasik Selatan, Putrajaya and Cyberjaya, as well as Salak Tinggi.
- For the mobility-impaired and senior citizens, there is a buggy service available, and Braille in elevators and designated toilets.
- Ramps and people-movers or ‘travelators’ are available throughout KLIA2.
- Tact tiles leads are installed from the drop-off curbside at Gateway @ KLIA2 all the way to the Departure Hall and from the Arrival Hall in the main terminal to Gateway @ KLIA2.
- Free Wi-Fi is available at KLIA2 for the first one hour with a number of Internet kiosks at each boarding pier.
- Other amenities offered in KLIA2 on all levels include massive flight information display systems (FIDS) and public information display system (PIDS).
- First aid rooms
- Baby care rooms
- Prayer rooms.
- KLIA2 offers a variety of different accommodation options both within and nearby the vicinity.
- Sama-Sama Express Hotel KLIA2 is an airside transit hotel on Level 3 of the Satellite Building, offering 70 comfortable non-smoking rooms.
- Guests are able to check in without having to clear Malaysian Customs and Immigration.
- Adjacent to the terminal is the Tune Hotel at KLIA2 which is directly linked by a covered walkway.
- Capsule by Container Hotel at KLIA2 is a unique lodging experience, hailed as the first capsule transit hotel in Asia. The 3,300 square-foot container hotel offers 79 capsule bedrooms for three, six or 12 hours with locker, shower, lounge and free Wi-Fi facilities.
Food & Beverage Outlets
- KLIA2 houses a variety of restaurants and cafes on Level 1 and Level 3.
- Weary travelers looking for a quick pick-me-up can unwind at numerous coffee joints such as Starbucks and Pacific Coffee.
- Those needing a quick fill can enjoy a number of local and international cuisines at eateries such as Hometown Hainan Coffee, Uncle K’, and Nyonya Colors.
- There is also an abundance of fast-food outlets including McDonald’s, Nando’s, Texas Chicken, and Burger King.