As we mentioned previously about LRT, the Light Rapid Transit train route in Kuala Lumpur Kelana Jaya Line. Today we going to introduce to another line route which is LRT Ampang Line.
The LRT Ampang Line (LRT Laluan Ampang) is a Light Rapid Transit train route in Kuala Lumpur which runs side by side the Sri Petaling LRT Line from Sentul Timur until Chan Sow Lin where it branches off to Ampang.
The Ampang line LRT and the Sri Petaling line LRT are combined to form part of the Greater Kuala Lumpur / Klang Valley Integrated Transit System. The combined network comprises 45.1km of track with 36 stations.
We will cover Ampang Line first today, and the Sri Petaling Line we will cover it later. Ampang Line has a total of 18 stations along this LRT route with the journey from Sentul Timur to Ampang taking around 36 minutes.
You will find the following stations along this LRT Line:
- Sentul Timur
- Titiwangsa – Change here for the Monorail Line to KL Sentral.
- Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) – Change here for the KTM Komuter trains routes from KTM Putra Railway Station.
- Sultan Ismail
- Bandaraya – Change here for connections on both KTM Komuter routes from Bank Negara Railway Station.
- Masjid Jamek – Change here for the Kelana Jaya LRT Line to Gombak / Putra Heights.
- Plaza Rakyat – Change here for the MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line for trains departing from Merdeka MRT Station (connected by an integrated walkway).
- Hang Tuah – Monorail train connections.
- Chan Sow Lin
- Maluri – Change here for the MRT SBK Line to Kajang.
- Pandan Jaya
- Pandan Indah
LRT Ampang Line Schedule / Operating Hours
LRT trains run frequently throughout the day so you never have to wait a long time for the next train. The first LRT services start from 6 am.
The last LRT train is approximately between 11.30 pm to 00:30 am depending on where you are travelling from and what day of the week it is (trains stop running earlier on a Sunday or public holiday).
The frequency of LRT train departures ranges from every 3 minutes during the morning and afternoon rush hours to every 14 minutes late in the evening.